Wednesday, April 25, 2012

once upon a jengah

As most of you know my musy room presentation was a bit outside the norm, and i feel as though I didn't explain it completely so here right before the blog deadline, I'm gonna try again. for my musy room I started with the idea of making an additive system hat me or the whole class could create a story out of; to reflect the community aspect of oral cultures. Then after doing our presentation of context I decided it would be really interesting if the items in my musy room story were all things that would apply to our specific discourse community, thus jenga contained things like motion of the ocean and charmander. then I decided that I wanted the components of the musy room to be interchangeable, so that every retelling of the story would be different, not only based on who is telling the story and whom they are telling it to. then one night the metaphor for memory came clearly into me brain, Jenga. It was perfect, each tile could represent a different Item in the story, and the arbitrary aspect of pulling tiles would ensure a different telling of the story each time it was played. taking each tile and stacking it on top was a physical representation of the building of an oral story, and its collapse was a perfect metaphor for my impending alzheimer's.
once upon a jenga a charmander with a bubble wand was eating popcorn chicken, with a jackalop revelling in the motion of the ocean from their crawl space, ten they hopped aboard a moose and were just on their way to the NHL draft when they were tragical trampled by wildebeest. cue Parker knocking it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment